Black holes after crowns

I'm having my front teeth crowns fitted in two days. I've had a test fitting a couple of days ago and I've noticed that my front teeth now have small black spaces between them. It's much more visible in person than it is in the photo.

I've asked my dentist about it and he said that the gums will fill out these spaces.

I really hate the way it looks and I'm worried that the spaces will always be there. Is it common for the gums to fill these spaces after crowns are fitted?

Thanks!

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

There are a lot of factors to consider when talking about these " black triangles ".
Sometimes when the temp crowns were not well made and very rough, it can irritate the gums, which then tend to " pull away" . As soon as the temp crowns are replaced by the permanent crowns. these triangles tend to get smaller and disappear, since the gum tissue heals and adapts.
If you had bone loss around your front teeth however, prior to the crown preps, these triangles might remain, since the interdental papillae ( gum in between teeth ) is influenced by the underlying bone.

Vote:

Ask a Question