Biting inside of cheek

Solutions
Started biting the inside of my left cheek towards the back a couple of months ago. My bite has felt off for a while but I have not been doing this. I guess I need to go to the dentist
What all could cause this? I have got enough trouble without this.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You may be grinding/clenching. I do it too and so does a lot of my patients. Some do it more severe with more damage/trauma.

Vote:
Solutions
I had a sleep study done to see if I grind my teeth and I didn't that night. I know for sure I don't grind or clench my teeth during the daytime. The way they are, I couldn't do that. I do feel like my bite is off and it constantly changes. I have been told I don't have TMJ. Have had CT scans done on joints. Have had trouble with my teeth since a dental appointment for cleaning and flouride contentment two years ago.
Thank you for the comment and if you have any suggestions I am listening. Thanks

Vote:
Solutions
I remember you John. How have you been and how is the pain recently? Have any of your symptoms abated? Chewing cheeks is not unusual. It's not worth having treatment because they might adjust your teeth and cause bigger problems.

Vote:
Solutions
Hey Busybee. Haven't been on here in a while. I would say my symptoms are the same. Been going to a neurologist who diagnosed me with trigeminal nerulgia. I am on anticonvulsant medication. I don't think I have tn, maybe atypical nerulgia. The medication for bot is about the same. What I am on has done no good. Teeth still hurt all the time and bite feels off and seems like it constantly changes. It feels like it is more on the right side. I was asking about the cheek biting. This just started a while back. Very annoying and painful. I may talk to the dentist about it and see what he says. Anyway, good to talk with you.

Vote:
Solutions
John I'm sorry you are still in pain and discomfort. It really is not easy to fix something like this and I know how distressing it is. Anticonvulsants are pretty strong so if they are not helping at all speak to the neuro about getting off them.

Vote:
Solutions
I am waiting for the doctor to call. He is a out of town doctor. I am going to tell him the medicine isn't working and see what he offers. He called just a while ago. I have to go in next Tuesday. All my teeth hurt but what is really bothering me is tooth or teeth 4 & 5 on the top and 28& 29 on the bottom. They feel like they are high. One minute it feel like the top is bothering me then the bottom is bothering me. It switches back and forth. It feels like the right side is where my teeth settle. Right now sitting here it feels like my bottom teeth are high. I am thing about going in and letting the dentist take a small amour off these teeth and see if it helps. It has felt like this for a while now.
You are right about the anticonvulsants. If they aren't doing any good I need to get off them. This has been going on almost two years now. Thanks for the advice

Vote:

Ask a Question