Big Hole in My Teeth Now????? Help!!

Hello,

2 years ago, I got a filling on one of my upper molars. I began immediately experiencing pain in that area. (Irritated gum,mostly.) When I went back for my 6 month checkup, they said the filling fell out and they refilled it. They could not tell me why it happened. About two months ago, I went back for another check up. I learned that my normal dentist was out indefinitely and a new dentist was taking over. I told him about my issue. He did another filling and said they would "reexamine" the tooth that was filled and fell out because it did look weird.

Now, in the last few days, I've noticed a dull pain the same area. I went to examine it today and there is a big hole in my tooth!! I am assuming they filling fell out again but it wasn't like this the first time. I can't remember if they drilled deeper or something but this hole is huge and I definitely would have noticed it the last time my filling fell out.

Now, what do I do? Has anyone had this issue where their filling kept falling out and it left a big, noticeable hole in the tooth? Any advice? Is this something to get looked at immediately?

Also, I don't know if I should go back to the last dentist or if I should go to a new dentist entirely. I don't want to pay for it because I feel like they made the mistake somewhere. But, part of me wants to go to a new place a get a second opinion.

Please help!

Ask a Question