Between a Rock and a Hard Place : /

December 31st, 2010 I went to a dentist for a teeth cleaning. The dentist looked at my teeth and told me I needed 4 crowns. At the time I was a 22 year old single college student that also works full time. I told them I wanted to think it over, but they told me if I waited then the cost of the crowns would come out of my insurance balance for 2011 instead of 2010. Had me sign up for a loan, I told them I couldn't afford it and they reassured me that the payments would be low and that my insurance would pay me back. Said insurance would cover everything. They made it sound like I had to have dental surgery immediately. So since it sounded so dyer, I went against my better judgment and let them do dental surgery on my teeth that day. They put in temporary crowns, later installed the permanent ones. My insurance told me that based on the x-rays of my teeth, only 1 of the 4 crowns installed were needed. They refused to pay because of this. On February 10, 2012 I went to another dentist office for a teeth cleaning and they told me that 3 out of the 4 crowns had been placed incorrectly and that they would have to be replaced. I've contacted two attorney's on the matter, one of them didn't do dental claims, the other said I would loss money if I took legal action. I live on an aide's salary with my boyfriend who is unemployed, not really seeing any options. Any advice? I'll take anything.

Ask a Question