being charged twice for scaling

Had my first visit with a new dentist today. Getting lined up for scaling of 4 quadrants. The guy in charge of billing was extremely rude, insulting my insurance. He seemed upset that it was an HMO instead of a PPO. My scaling must be done in two sessions so they are charging me twice.

To clarify, they are doing all 4 quadrants, charging me. Then I go back 2 weeks later, they finish all 4 quadrants and they charge me again. Is this just a way for them to get more money out of me since as he explained, with an HMO they dont bill insurance for the difference?

Had my first visit with a new dentist today. Getting lined up for scaling of 4 quadrants. The guy in charge of billing was extremely rude, insulting my insurance. He seemed upset that it was an HMO instead of a dental mexico PPO. My scaling must be done in two sessions so they are charging me twice.

To clarify, they are doing all 4 quadrants, charging me. Then I go back 2 weeks later, they finish all 4 quadrants and they charge me again. Is this just a way for them to get more money out of me since as he explained, with an HMO they dont bill insurance for the difference?

I would check your claims to see if it specifically says 2 or 4 quadrants.

Last edited:

Vote:
Had my first visit with a new dentist today. Getting lined up for scaling of 4 quadrants. The guy in charge of billing was extremely rude, insulting my insurance. He seemed upset that it was an HMO instead of a PPO. My scaling must be done in two sessions so they are charging me twice.

Sounds like they are 2 quads one visit and 2 the next. Standard procedure. 2 are charged one visit and the remained the next.

Vote:

Ask a Question