Behind gums

aqz

Solutions
Hi doc hope all is well just a quick question, this area on floor of mouth behind gums has felt slightly irritated for last few days. Ive noticed a tiny white spot is this something to be concerned about?

Attachments

• 20181221_164300.jpg
    20181221_164300.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 263

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It may be an accumulation of mucous in the saliva duct. Usually the floor of the mouth heals quickly after mild trauma and irritation.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
So is that an ulcer? Should it have healed by now? What should i do in meantime?

Thanks
No, it is not an ulcer. From this vantage point, I don't see anything unusual. Look and feel for any swelling. If no swelling, you are in the clear.

Vote:

aqz

Solutions
Ok, it just feels slightly irritated but not really swollen as such. When i rub tongue in that area feels slightly more raised then other side is that a concern? Is it cancerous?

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I don't know the answer to the difflam spray and the reason you feel raised in the area. You shouldn't be feeling much now. The floor of the mouth heals quickly. Don't irritate it.

Vote:

Ask a Question