Bananas for Whitening?

Ok. Some of my friends are starting to rub banana peels on their teeth to whiten them. Some say they are seeing a difference. Is there a scientific basis for this? Is it a myth? Cannot really find any reputable info on it.

Hello.. Friend....
To whiten teeth with banana peel is very safe and healthy for teeth as banana peels are a wonderful source of minerals and vitamins. They do not have the abrasiveness that other natural whiteners have and best of all they are inexpensive.
Brush your teeth as usual with a natural toothpaste or you can use the banana peel first and then brush.

Vote:
In my opinion, to whiten teeth with banana peel is very safe and healthy for teeth as banana peels are a wonderful source of minerals and vitamins. Minerals in the peel like potassium, magnesium and manganese absorb into your teeth and can whiten them.

Vote:
Use a ripe banana as it has the most potassium content in it. Peel from the bottom end as this is how monkeys peel their bananas and it will keep you from having all
those loose threads.

Gently rub on teeth

Take a piece of the inside of the banana peel and gently rub around on your teeth for about 2 minutes.

Vote:
It's strange but true...
you can whiten your teeth with the help of banana peel.
But it has very rare effect. So, there are some rumors about it.
I prefer strawberries and any acidic food instead of banana peel.

Vote:

Ask a Question