Bad breath

I have been dealing with this for a while and I’m embarrassed about it. I don’t know what to do. I’m not sure which type of dentist to contact anymore. When I had in the past I was made to feel so much shame that I stopped. But this is my last chance to try and deal with this. If I can’t deal with this I’m not sure what led next for me. Would like to know what type of dentist I should look for for this issue

I have seen a dentist before and they stated at the time that it might be a stomach issue. I have seen doctor they suggest a dentist. I have used meds for acid reflux and nothing has been resolved. I brush and floss and at times it seems to get worse.

Vote:
Honestly I’m not sure. I know I always have a nasty taste in my mouth, before and after I brush. I’m not sure how to approach a dentist about my issue. When I have in the past I’ve felt so much judgement from the dentists and staff. I don’t know what proper terms to use when describing my situation.

Vote:
Honestly I’m not sure. I know I always have a nasty taste in my mouth, before and after I brush. I’m not sure how to approach a dentist about my issue. When I have in the past I’ve felt so much judgement from the dentists and staff. I don’t know what proper terms to use when describing my situation.
How old are you and can you provide a picture? Might be helpful. Are you experiencing any other problems besides this?

Vote:
No need to feel embarrassed and that judgement you feel might very well be subjective and emotional. We are accustomed to this and if it is really a dental problem, it's our job.

Vote:
I am 34. I do not have any traumatic injuries. I’m not to comfortable with posting a picture. Are you asking for a picture of my teeth? I believe my main problem is the odor. I floss probably not as best as I should but I do floss. I don’t have cavities. I’ve used mouth wash and it seems to make things worse at times. I used biotene wash and I thought it was getting better , but it hasn’t. I’m trying to drink more what, but the aftertaste in my mouth at times makes drinking water unpleasant.

Vote:
I always feel the need to eat something to take that nasty after taste out of my mouth. I’m not a breakfast eater, so I don’t eat much or anything in the mornings, not sure if that plays a part in this as well.

Vote:
Solutions
I always feel the need to eat something to take that nasty after taste out of my mouth. I’m not a breakfast eater, so I don’t eat much or anything in the mornings, not sure if that plays a part in this as well.
Have you checked your saliva PH level in the morning ? You can get a roll of PH paper and just spit it on in the morning when you wake up. I was having terrible morning breath which was not usual for me.. I checked and the PH was 5.5 . I'm taking Coral Calcium liquid now and "Miracle PHour" , and my morning PH is up to about 6.5 and the bad taste and breath has improved.. but I have a small cavity or maybe two that I need to fix. If you have a hidden cavity that your dentist is not detecting, it would very surely cause bad taste and bad breath. In my experience it is possible for a dentist to miss a cavity, I'd try to go to another for a free exam if possible. It's also possible dentist will tell you have a cavity when you don't though, this has happened to me many years ago, and I know others it happened to as well, so it's very though!
I believe my diet caused low PH saliva which then ate away at my teeth and caused the cavities I've had. Bacteria make acid that causes cavities. Saliva can neutralize that acid. Also I believe neutral PH saliva will not allow bacteria to proliferate like acidic saliva would.
Give the PH paper a try if you can, I'm curious what you will find.

Vote:
Solutions
I'd also recommend trying Uncle Harry's Tooth Powder instead of regular tooth paste and see if that helps. It's very minty, and it's so strong that it takes the bad breath away for quite a while. It is very alkaline as well so it will neutralize acidic saliva for a period of time.

Vote:
I am 34. I do not have any traumatic injuries. I’m not to comfortable with posting a picture. Are you asking for a picture of my teeth? I believe my main problem is the odor. I floss probably not as best as I should but I do floss. I don’t have cavities. I’ve used mouth wash and it seems to make things worse at times. I used biotene wash and I thought it was getting better , but it hasn’t. I’m trying to drink more what, but the aftertaste in my mouth at times makes drinking water unpleasant.
I think you might want to Google tonsil stones, I am not a dentist but I do have this problem sometimes and it's gross. Do you have your tonsils still?

Vote:

Ask a Question