Awful taste in mouth 7 months of from root treatment

I have been having all of my crowns replaced over the past year. (Its been a long year!!) I have had root canal treatments and then a new bridge over the top of the upper back right teeth, this was approx 6 months ago. Since then I have had a faint antiseptic/chemical/numbing taste coming from the area, for the last month I taste it all the time, the taste is awful, as my tongue sits by the teeth it feels the sensation all of the time. The last two weeks it has been unbearable, it is now in my saliva and I am swallowing the taste and getting a numb feeling on my tongue, if that all makes sense?

The feeling is hard to describe to the dental doctor. I have told her it is coming from the root fillings, she keeps trying to tell me there is nothing she can do as the bridge has been fitted permanently, she also advises me it is coming from my saliva glands. I know this is not coming from my saliva glands, nor is it B12 deficiency.
Should a qualified dentist not know what I am describing to her?
After much complaining she wants me to attend a consultation with Prosthodontics, and find out what the issue is, I am keen to do whatever to get rid of this feeling
but being referred to someone else will involve further costs, I have already paid a lot of money. I believe this should be covered because it is to with the overall treatment of the original root treatments.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have been having all of my crowns replaced over the past year. (Its been a long year!!) I have had root canal treatments and then a new bridge over the top of the upper back right teeth, this was approx 6 months ago. Since then I have had a faint antiseptic/chemical/numbing taste coming from the area, for the last month I taste it all the time, the taste is awful, as my tongue sits by the teeth it feels the sensation all of the time. The last two weeks it has been unbearable, it is now in my saliva and I am swallowing the taste and getting a numb feeling on my tongue, if that all makes sense?

The feeling is hard to describe to the dental doctor. I have told her it is coming from the root fillings, she keeps trying to tell me there is nothing she can do as the bridge has been fitted permanently, she also advises me it is coming from my saliva glands. I know this is not coming from my saliva glands, nor is it B12 deficiency.
Should a qualified dentist not know what I am describing to her?
After much complaining she wants me to attend a consultation with Prosthodontics, and find out what the issue is, I am keen to do whatever to get rid of this feeling
but being referred to someone else will involve further costs, I have already paid a lot of money. I believe this should be covered because it is to with the overall treatment of the original root treatments.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi did this taste go? I had my root canal a month ago and have the same issue. No crowns or anything yet

Vote:

Ask a Question