Are there other things I can do?

So for a few times in a row that I’ve seen the dentist, I’ve been told I’ve had cavities and needed fillings and have had one tooth extracted. I’ve asked if there are ways to prevent, or at least reduce the amount of cavities I may have in the future, and was told to find a fluoride rinse.

As a bit of a preface, I’m a survivor of childhood leukemia and I’ve been told my bone density is lower than most (which I’m not sure if it applies to teeth), and my teeth themselves are misshapen and have short roots as a result of the radiation treatments I was given.

Since my first visit with cavities, my habit has been to chew sugar free gum, brush twice daily, floss, and use listerine and drink 4 glasses of milk per day. I have also curbed my soft drink habit from 3 a day to 2, and have replaced my listerine with a listerine that is more fluoride focused.

Are there more things that I can do to help avoid more cavities in the future?

Ask a Question