Are my teeth fixable? (Pics included)

I have a lot of anxiety over my teeth. I don't really want to get into why they're in the condition they are but they're pretty dreadful and I feel pretty ashamed and embarrassed of them. Acid erosion on the front teeth. Receding gums. Brown stains between teeth.

I can't actually afford to get them fixed anyway, but I feel like if I knew that they were at least fixable I might feel a little better.

So I've included pics and just wondering what my options are (if any). Do you think they're fixable, or am I always going to be stuck with gross teeth.
image3 (2).JPG
image1 (2).JPG
image2 (2).JPG

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Out-of-focus photos. Still, the teeth don't look too bad. Looks like some abrasion along gumlines from poss acidic drinks and over-zealous brushing. Also .yYou look like you might have a dry mouth - do you smoke and/or drinks lots of caffeine?

Vote:
Solutions
Your teeth are a really nice shape and I am sure you have a lovely smile. Don't be ashamed of them. People don't look that closely.

There are lots of things a cosmetic dentist can do to make them look nicer re the acid erosion, but just be aware that if you have veneers at some point in the future, the dentist would have to shorten the teeth to fit these. It's irreversible and you won't be able to eat everything in the same way (apples can be a challenge) or bite your nails. It can also create bite problems and you have to have them replaced every decade as they chip etc. They can also affect your speech etc.

So if you do go down the cosmetic route go for composite build up which doesn't need to remove any tooth material. It also won't change that nice shape, but veneers would change it.

You really should see a hygienist about the stains and your gums. It doesn't cost much but it's really worth the money. If the teeth don't hurt then I'd avoid doing any cosmetics but just get them cleaned and get a treatment plan to get the gums back to optimum health.

Vote:
Really, a lot of people would die for teeth that healthy. THey are not bad! You can try to rinse with some of the new sea salt rinses, and peroxide rinses. Try certain rinses, but they are not gross! :)

Vote:

Ask a Question