Apico recovery

Hello! I had an Apicoectomy on tooth 12 ten days ago after two failed root canals. Endo didn’t see any cracks and felt certain this would be a successful treatment.

I am still tender in my gums and they are occasionally achy. My tooth is still a bit pressure sensitive, also—mainly when I push on it with my finger.

Also, how do you know if the treatment has failed?

is this all in the realm of “normal?” I’m so emotionally, physically, and financially drained with this poor little tooth.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It's a tough call after 10 days. Are you experiencing improved symptoms? If you are experiencing swelling, get followup visit.

Vote:
It has been getting a little better every day. Endo saw it today and said it was healing beautifully. She said sometimes that “achy” feeling is the area actually healing?

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Apico surgery is very traumatic. The dentist had to flap your gums out and drill a window through your bone to access the root tip. Healing response may vary depending on how healthy you are.

Vote:

Ask a Question