Anything wrong with my crown? [X-RAYS included]

Hi, I got a rct and crown a few months ago on #29 and I'm nervous about the crown. There's no pain right now but I was concerned about how the crown looked kind of jagged on the xray, and I regret not bringing it up with the dentist. The shape of the crown is also way too smooth and round, not ridged like a natural tooth. Do you all see any potential issues?

Image album of xrays (all of the same tooth): https://imgur.com/a/FOEFKSB

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It appears that the dentist has placed the crown only 1/2 way down each side, so it finishes on a filling on the left side (as you look at the X-ray), and just beyond the contact point on right side. Usually we'd want to take it down all the way to the gum margin, but sometimes you have to compromise. So it could be better, but it's not terrible. The most important thing is that it's cleansable, and that you can easily floss both sides without tearing the floss. Should be OK from the limited images you show here.

Vote:

Ask a Question