Anyone taken valium 5mg for jaw pain??

Solutions
Hi,
I have been dealing with some jaw pain and swelling for more than a month. Been to different dentist office and couldn't get a proper answer yet. Dentist said I have a crack and that might cause jaw pain and swelling, but the Endo couldn't find any crack and said might be a minor one.

Went to an oral surgeon on Friday. He said my upper wisdom tooth is supra erupted and need to be extracted. He told me that is hurting the low jaw area. He prescribed ibprufen 800, robaxin 750, valium 10 mg. He said to take valium at bed time.

I took robaxin for last 2 days and no changes in the pain and swelling. I was taking ibprufen even before the oral surgeon visit and it didn't reduce the pain/swelling. I read about valium and it's side effects. Is it a sedation drug?

I never had valium before. Any of you taken it for jaw pain? Does it really hello? I am so worried that it will make me sedate for hours. I do keep check on my kid who sleeps very late.

Anyone taken this before??

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It has no use for pain, and I don't know why he gave it to you; it's only good for anxiety and sometimes as a muscle relaxant. Yes, it will stay a long time in your system with a long half-life. Other benzos are shorter. 10mg will knock most people out and they'll still be inattentive the next day, so no driving ( I just wouldn't take it). Similarly with the robaxin - seems an unusual choice, esp if combining with diazepam.

Vote:
Solutions
It has no use for pain, and I don't know why he gave it to you; it's only good for anxiety and sometimes as a muscle relaxant. Yes, it will stay a long time in your system with a long half-life. Other benzos are shorter. 10mg will knock most people out and they'll still be inattentive the next day, so no driving ( I just wouldn't take it). Similarly with the robaxin - seems an unusual choice, esp if combining with diazepam.
Thank you doctor.
It's valium 5mg doctor, not 10mg. Typo.

I took both the medicines. The oral surgeon said that will relax the pain and inflammation in my jaw. But there is no change in the symptoms after taking medicines. I took valium dosages only once, but took robaxin for 3 days ( 750mg twice a day).

Does it harm my body and stay in the system longer? I am so nervous now that will it harm my liver or something? I will stop taking it from today.
Is it harmful?

Vote:

Ask a Question