Any recommendations on a very painful wisdom tooth that's not all the way in?

I've had this wisdom tooth that started coming in about 3 years ago. Only a small part of the top came exposed and then it stopped. October of last year it started throbbing and I took ibuprofen and tylenol to help relieve the pain and after a day or two it went away. I had a couple of these instances over the past year and each time the pain would go away. Now it is different. I'm in some pretty bad pain. I took three ibuprofen and the pain lessens but once the pain medications wear off I'm in torment. It has been 7 days since the throbbing started and my jaw on that side is tender and swells a little. I'm no doctor or dentist and with that thought, I also have no dental insurance. My husband and I have discussed what I should do and now I'm asking for yours all advice.

Any recommendations on what I should do?

You should see your dentist. May be your wisdom teeth is not normally growing up. It happens most of the time. If there is any swelling as you said then i think most probably you should extract your wisdom tooth. I think your dentist can suggest you properly after seeing it. I only can make a guess.

Vote:

Ask a Question