Any advice? Really struggling

I got a crown refitted about 2 months ago as it had come loose.

After a day or 2 a little lump appeared above the tooth on the gum. Not painful but very aware of it and annoying. I got a course of anti bios it did nothing then got a second course and it seemed to make a bit of difference. Didnt fully put it away but jt did seem to help. A week or so later a little white spot appeared on the gum above the tooth and again not really painful but still a bit alarming. I battled for a while but went back to dentist. My dentist tried the tooth and still seemed solid and wasnt sure what it was and squeezed it and just said to keep squeezing it and hopefully my body would heal itself. I did this as it kept coming back for a while. In the last few days the initial lump seems to have come back. Not painful but annoying and at 7 weeks and counting now its hellish putting up with this.

Its a front tooth so if the root is split i lose it and obviously that is the utter last resort. I could be wrong but it looks a few millimetres lower than my other teeth. My dentist is fantastic but at same time im disappointed how dismissive he seemed when i last went. If i go back im extremely fearful he will say it will have to go as that is looking at considerable cost, over 2 months with a gap at front which i think would be awful and not to mention the considerable pain getting the root out.

It isnt really painful more annoying but at 7 weeks and counting i cant help thinking sooner rather than later it will develop into something really bad and doesnt seem to any sign of it clearing up. I just dont know what the hell to do.

Id like to get it refitted but i could be way off the mark and obviously i cant tell my dentist to do that.

Is it viable to see another dentist? Obviously theres no way id want my own dentist finding out.

Ask a Question