Anxiety about dentists

I was never really taken to the dentist as a child. My parents never thought I needed to go. When I was 26 I had a toothache and went to dentist and needed a root canal. The dentist I went to made me feel absolutely awful that I neglected my dental care. After I got the root canal I never went back. I had a temporary crown on my tooth and now after 10 years it has come off. I know I need to go get it fixed but am really scared of dentists. I also know I will need several fillings. What is a dentist going to think of me. :(

Dentists expect that

Dentists these days KNOW that people fear them. A large part of their job is to help dispel those fears brought on by bad experiences from when we were younger. Find a dentist who is personable and one that has a staff that will also help put you at ease. It makes all the difference and you can get caught up on the work that needs to be done on your teeth!

Vote:

Ask a Question