Alternative to braces

Hi this might sound stupid but are there any alternatives to braces? I have over crowding on my lower teeth along with wear and grinding and an overbite. I don’t think I could afford braces here in the UK. I asked my NHS dentist if there is anything that can be done a few years ago, since I was and still am finding them hard to keep clean. He just said oh your teeth are fine and just pull your bottom lip down to clean them, basically he wasn’t interested. So I‘m going to make an appointment with a private dentist at the same surgery, and see what he could recommend. If he recommended something that the NHS covers then obviously I‘d go back to my NHS dentist and tell him your colleague has said this is possible so why won‘t you do it?

Other than dentures, could bridge fix my bottom teeth? Had a top brace when I was a kid, but I’m an adult now so obviously don’t qualify for NHS funded ones. I‘ve included a photo of my bottom teeth, to. Before anyone says anything about the gap on my upper teeth, I broke my front tooth when I was a kid, had it glued back on but it kept breaking off, and I haven‘t had it repaired as an adult because I‘ve grown that used to the gap

D746B128-3200-423F-81E8-EB993392A20F.jpeg

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You really need an ortho opinion, and they will also look at your top teeth. The upper and lower teeth have to work together, so simultaneous treatment of both is needed.
Simply extracting teeth and making a bridge is not going to work here.

Vote:
You really need an ortho opinion, and they will also look at your top teeth. The upper and lower teeth have to work together, so simultaneous treatment of both is needed.
Simply extracting teeth and making a bridge is not going to work here.
Ay thanks for that, if I remember right my NHS dentist always says “class 3 malocclusion“ to his nurse. I’ll make an appointment with a private dentist at the practice and see if he can recommend or point me in the right direction for decent ortho, since he’s been there 30+ years

Vote:

Ask a Question