all on 4 or snap on denture

Hello All, I am new to the forum. I have questions, I need 12 teeth on bottom removed ( all that is left) and wanted to get either 4 implants and a snap on denture and was quoted all in cost with extractions, implants and denture ( $14,500) or all on 4 ( not sure the cost), can anyone tell me if they have had either done and what it cost?

Hi Dean,
The most important question you need to answer is "what do you have on the top?" If you have natural teeth or crowns & bridges on the top, then you're going to be miserable with a lower denture. Considering going for all-on-4 teeth if this is the case. On the other hand, if you already have an upper denture, then going for a lower denture is not a bad idea. Typically, all-on-4 teeth is more than double the cost of dentures. In my practice I charge 15k for an all-on-4, but based on your dentist's pricing, I'm guessing he charges around 25-35k. If you'd like to learn more about what exactly all-on-4 teeth are, you can read my article on is all-on-four the right choice for me? Hope this helps and best of luck.
Ali Jazayeri DDS

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:
Hello All, I am new to the forum. I have questions, I need 12 teeth on bottom removed ( all that is left) and wanted to get either 4 implants and a snap on denture and was quoted all in cost with extractions, implants and denture ( $14,500) or all on 4 ( not sure the cost), can anyone tell me if they have had either done and what it cost?
Hello Dean, I just completed the all on four snap on dentures procedure.Im 69 years old in good health. Cost of dental procedures vary depending on where you live. Depending on what shape your mouth is in when you start this project. Every person has different needs so to compare costs is difficult. You can break it down to individual things like my quote was 135 per extraction and 1,500 per implant. Then there is the cost of the actual dentures. Here you have choices in material with variable pricing. I had all my teeth capped 17 years previous so to start the procedure my dentist had to cut out the caps and then extract my roots. I had no periodontal disease. He said I had 13 extractions total. Then 2 bone grafts in the front of my lower jaw, to build up my jaw bone Then he gave me 7 implants. 4 on top 3 on bottom. He couldn’t do four on bottom due to not enough jaw bone. Total cost for all was $12,800. This was a complete set of snap ons. I feel I received an excellent deal. This dentist was 100 miles away from my residence in Phoenix Az. It took him 2 years and 3 months. 36 appointments. My husband and I drove approximately 7,200 miles spent easily $1,600 on meals. He just finished this January 2019. I still need to go back for adjustments as my bottom plate doesn’t want to stay stable. . Dentists can change the snaps in the dentures to be a smaller size to hold in place but you have to be able to take it out yourself to clean and to sleep. The secret to getting them out yourself is get your mouth rinsed out so it’s wet and using both hands gently rock the plate back and forth and it will eventually come out. Line your thumbs up to where you know the implants are. All in all I like them the whole concept is much better than just regular dentures. I would shop around. If I would have used a dentist in Phoenix it would have, I think been double. Look for a dentist in a smaller town that owns their own practice. I wouldn’t go to a chain dentistry outfit if I could avoid that. The reviews are not so good on those.
Lastly and very important is when they have you try on the wax replica for your approval, DON’T FEEL RUSHED. This moment is your last chance to change anything. Look in a two sided mirror so you can see your profile. My lower jaw ended up jutting out so I looked like a barracuda. They had to fix that as it wasn’t right. Make sure you can smile without effort. My top lip was resting so to speak on my lower lip cause the top plate wasn’t curved out enough. Don’t approve unless you have both plates in. They need to work together. I found a website that explains what my dentist did. You should lead the article they have on this procedure. Colgate.com . Good luck to you.
P.s. the worst part is when you get your teeth extracted. They give you a temporary plate to wear. I couldn’t understand how I could put this plate over my bloody gums but it’s necessary to wear to keep the swelling down. I was only uncomfortable for a few days to a week. Buy a food chopper! There is no such thing as one day implants. The implanted posts have to heal for 4 months to grow around your bone before they finish the posts. The rest is not bad. There are no nerve endings in your jaw. Read that article! Colgate.com

Vote:

Ask a Question