After filling sensations?

Hello.

I recently had 2 fillings replaced, one due to a crack and the other do to some decay underneath. One of each side of my mouth, top back molars. They were filled with amalgam fillings. I just moved to a new city so this was a new dentist to me.

During the procedure one wouldn't numb, so after 2 injections I said to just do it and get it over with. (this would also be my first experience with the "Water-lase", it wasn't as zippy as it sounds, it sounded more like he was breaking rocks in my mouth..but i digress).

Leaving the office I was already in a bit of pain, and as the novicane wore off I was in even more. That night I was in complete agony. The following couple days my teeth were extremely sensitive to hot and cold, and hurt to chew. I went back into my dentist to have him check things over, he said everything was fine. I've had a lot of fillings and have never felt this way afterwards before. So I decided to go to my old dentist today and he took a look, he adjusted the bite and said to give it a week or two to see if it gets better. Explained a few scenerios..some of which terrify me.

Ok, so that brings us to tonight, 5 days after the initial procedure.I am now able to chew without pain, and the heat/cold sensitivity is calming down quite a bit. But the symptoms I do have are a dull irritating ache through my whole jaw, my bottom jaw hurts more than my top sometimes and no work was even done there. Sometimes it hurts up to my ears, and if I blow my nose or bend down I can hear crackling..so strange to me. Is there a possibility that he did the injection wrong and it bruised my jaw? I know nerve damage is a possibility, but both sides hurt, top and bottom, is he that bad of a dentist that he killed the nerves in both teeth? What are the chances?

I just dont know what to do, I'm beyond scared of the thought of having to get a root canal or extraction, on top of that I can't afford it. Should I worry quite yet? ibuprofen does make the pain go away, and the pain isn't constant, but it definitely comes and goes a bit every day.

Thank you so much for your time and any replies.

Ask a Question