Affordible and quality implants?

3 years ago I got a short implant that went bad. Fluid gathered in my jaw and a blister in my mouth (dentist said he'd never seen that before). It was removed and I lost $2,000 and was worse off than when I began because my jaw hurt all the time.

Recently I went to the UCSF dental school (chair professor) and he recommended I do 2 implants (I have 2 missing teeth next to each other) because they don't do anything under 10MM and a longer implant will not be stable by itself. The cost would be $15,000 for 2 implants, bone graft and sinus life. I went to a different private dentist who said they were wrong and he did the successful implant for $4500 with no lift or graft.

This seems ridiculous that 2 people can have such opposite views in the dental industry! It's like the wild west.

My question is: Since there are so many implant manufacturers, how do I know which is the best and most affordable? A new dentist I visited recommended Hoissen. Do you any of you have an opinion? Everyone seems to have one brand they push, but I'm paying the money and I'd rather decide my own brand and go to someone who uses it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question