Aerosol Removal Device Development

Hello there,

I am a product development engineer currently developing a device that would be used in the dental office for aerosol mitigation. The idea behind the device came to fruition as a response to Covid-19. It is an attempt to quickly adapt to our current environment by getting dentists and hygienists back to work sooner in a safer environment.

Our initial user feedback has revealed a wide range of standard practice and regional restrictions. I wanted to reach out to the community that would use this device for further input to ensure it’s something that fulfills a need, something that you would want, and is something that will improve the safety for you and concurrent patients. For anyone interested, below are some questions that would be helpful to have discussions around:
  • Do you view aerosol production as an obstacle that increases the risk of being exposed to Covid-19 and prevents you from comfortably returning to work?
  • Would connecting an additional device through a splitter valve to your operatory’s HVE port be acceptable? In this scenario, only one device that utilizes HVE would be available at a time, but this ensures full evacuation power to the device being used.
  • Have you found other devices that are effective at aerosol removal and that you like to use?
Please reply here or direct message me if you would like to have any additional conversation. Thanks!

Solutions
Hi

I am not a dentist but think it would be good to get something sorted that helps the position. We are in a living nightmare at the minute with dental issues and can’t get sorted due to this issue.

good luck with things and I hope you receive the relevant feedback you require.

Vote:
Solutions
Hello,

I didn't understand exactly what type of devices you are refering, but, in my country we work with a air cleaning device inside each room, including the waiting room and two operatory rooms were the dental treatment are done. We also wear the PPE recomended for the practice by the health department of the Government. Until now, we've been working for three months in the most critical place related to the COVID-19 and, with all the precautions, including checking with patients their simptons before the appointments, and on their arrival to the clinic, we've been making a good work. Of course, there is always a risk, but I think, at the moment, is safer to be inside the clinic than inside of a bus or train, were it's just impossible to check the cleaning and avoid being to close of another person.

Vote:
Hi

I am not a dentist but think it would be good to get something sorted that helps the position. We are in a living nightmare at the minute with dental issues and can’t get sorted due to this issue.

good luck with things and I hope you receive the relevant feedback you require.
Hello zorba25 - Thanks for the reply. Do you work in the dentistry field? We're seeing that this idea is positioned best for use by hygienists. If you're interested in learning more I'm happy to provide more detail on the concept. As a company, we really want discussion with the people we are designing for as this pushes the device in the direction of something that would actually be used.

Vote:
Hello,

I didn't understand exactly what type of devices you are refering, but, in my country we work with a air cleaning device inside each room, including the waiting room and two operatory rooms were the dental treatment are done. We also wear the PPE recomended for the practice by the health department of the Government. Until now, we've been working for three months in the most critical place related to the COVID-19 and, with all the precautions, including checking with patients their simptons before the appointments, and on their arrival to the clinic, we've been making a good work. Of course, there is always a risk, but I think, at the moment, is safer to be inside the clinic than inside of a bus or train, were it's just impossible to check the cleaning and avoid being to close of another person.
Hello Sonia - I appreciate your response and I'm glad to hear you're able to take the precautions to increase the safety for your team and the patients. I know all of these additional asks make the job much more difficult. The goal of our device is to provide an additional layer of safety without being in the way, increasing your comfort during the work day and the comfort for the patients. I'm happy to provide more detail about the concept and answer any additional questions you may have. If interested I will provide my contact information.

Vote:

Ask a Question