Adding Teeth to a Flipper

I have two missing lateral incisors, and there is about 5% of my right front tooth missing on the right edge due to an earlier vertical crack. Due to budgetary considerations, my dentist has proposed a 3 tooth flipper with "teeth" to replace the two incisors and the broken front tooth which he wants to extract. Although I realize the broken tooth may be prone to further cracks and may not last long, I would like to keep it for now because it satisfies
my 3 tooth-keeping criteria: it's still anchored to my bone, it's not loose and it doesn't hurt. (He says it can't be restored.)
If it's left in place and a 2-tooth flipper is used to plug the laterals, can a third tooth be added later in the event the cracked tooth absolutely needs to be extracted? I realize for now if the cracked front tooth is left alone there will be a vertical narrow gap but I probably won't be too concerned about costmetics.
So can a tooth be added later? Answer and other comments much appreciated. Thank you.

Ask a Question