Accident damaged teeth

Hello,

Just looking for a bit of advice really. I had a nasty accident 6 months ago now which resulted in my faceplanting the ground after I was pulled over by a dog and damaging four teeth. Two have healed perfectly, just a bit chipped, but my two front teeth are badly chipped and still quite sore.
In the six months since the accident I've had to get a root canal on one after it died but it's still feeling bruised and I can't bite down on my bottom teeth without discomfort or use them to bite anything other than extremely soft foods.

I'm just wondering if 6 months is normal? Should they be taking this long to heal and should I still feel bruised and tender when touching them? My dentist just says that everyone heals differently but I'm now worried that I've done a lot more damage and they're going to have to be replaced with implants which I can't afford.
Thanks

If the painful teeth are chipped the nerve maybe exposed and may need a composite filling to seal the tooth. The teeth may still be too mobile and sometimes you can do a temporary composite bridge to fix the wobbly teeth to adjacent strong teeth so the roots have time to heal and can't move about when eating.

Vote:

Ask a Question