Abscess

Hi i am new here. so. after my tooth was taken out i develop large abscess so i went back to dentist he drained the abscess give me antibiotics for 7 days . but there is still small abscess and pus is coming out i see him 2x this week this week and he told me not worry it healing. i dont understand why he didnt drain the abscess again. dont know what going on i am very concern he told me if it was dangerous he would drain it again i am seeing him again in few days i just dont get it

Good day

Do you have a photo of the area in question?
Hi I tried to make good photo . but failed lol. i dont understand my dentist what is he hopping for that the abscess will just disappear .i am seeing new dentist in few days i dont think it normal

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

If the area becomes smaller and less painful, it might be an indication that the abscess is clearing up. It is sometimes necessary to drain the abscess more than once. If you are worried about the area, you are more than welcome to get a second opinion from another dentist.

Vote:
Good day

If the area becomes smaller and less painful, it might be an indication that the abscess is clearing up. It is sometimes necessary to drain the abscess more than once. If you are worried about the area, you are more than welcome to get a second opinion from another dentist.
Hi again Dr M , u living in USA ?. i need good dentist .living in uk

Vote:

Ask a Question