A nice chunk of tooth that was needing a root canal fell out

I have a molar that has been negelected for a bit. Finally told I need two root canals, both of which aren’t fully covered with my insurance so I’m unable to follow through,unfortunately. I took the medicine they gave me to get me ready for the procedure but didn’t schedule an appointment due to financial reasons as stated.
Tonight I’m eating and I bite down on something hard which ended up being a nice chunk of my dying tooth I guess. No pain or blood. So how much of a worry should this be? Looks bad but I’m pregnant and already knee deep in issues, is this broken tooth something to worry about now instead of later?
Thank you and all help is appreciated

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Pregnancy is not a reason to avoid dental treatment. It'd be a bit better to see if you can hang out till the 2nd trimester, because if you do have to extract the tooth, you're going to need painkillers, and you might feel more reassured once the bub has "settled in". Here's a compilation I give my pregnant patients (it refers to Australian helplines, etc). See if you can beg, borrow (or steal?) some $ and go get an examination ASAP. Then you'll know what you can plan for at an appropriate time, rather than end up in bad pain and looking for expensive emergency dental services.

Attachments

• Drugs and X-rays for Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women During Dental Treatment.pdf
    108.5 KB · Views: 271

Vote:

Ask a Question