A new bridge.

Hi Everybody! I have a big money question: my dentist has to re do my Bridge that he/she installed years ago my problem is : the work has already been done on the teeth to glue the bridge on, he/she cut the old bridge and cleaned the two but one need a root canal he/she is charging me approx 1500.00 3 times i don't understand why, I know I have the pay for the new bridge but why i am getting charged again the other 2 ? Can somebody explain? I think it should be the bridge, the root canal and the cleaning of the 2 that hold the old bridge...please help me understand this...

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Bridge is charged out depending on units (number of teeth and pontic). So a 3 unit bridge (2 abutment teeth and 1 pontic) gets charged 3 times a unit crown charge.

Vote:
Bridge is charged out depending on units (number of teeth and pontic). So a 3 unit bridge (2 abutment teeth and 1 pontic) gets charged 3 times a unit crown charge.
Thank you so much sir, even if it’s a replacement bridge ? Like take one out and put a new one in the same place?

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Most likely they will make a temporary bridge first. Then they will take out your existing bridge by drilling it out. They can't use that drilled out bridge anymore. They will refine the abutment (teeth underneath the bridge) and take an impression and glue the temporary bridge in. The dentist will send the impressions to the dental crown & bridge technicians to fabricate a new bridge and cement it back in your mouth when it is finished. It is very labor intensive and the impression materials are very expensive which is why the bridge fees are so high.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Just drilling off the old bridge can take quite some time, and then you have to get rid of all the old glue, and probably have to readjust the height of the margins if your gums have receded.

Vote:

Ask a Question