A girl without a hope...

Being a single low income mom, who is completely hopeless with her teeth. Being young and being a single mom makes life hard, I have suffered Major depression most my life, Been a victum of unfortunate events in my life brought on by others. I went to a dentist who took what smile I had and made it worse, so now I don't smile. I havent been in a pic with my children in a good 10 yrs. I won't date, probably never get married. I've been teased, laugh at and asked if I was on heavy drugs. Suffering from depression is HARD on it's own, I have even thought suicide thoughts because of my smile or lack for. I have nightmares about the teeth that remain falling out.
I've researched dental plans, insurance out of pocket, Raising 3 babies alone and on disability. Let's face it a smile will never be something I own.. I truly believe the dentist I seen really didn't care about me as a person but more as a insurance number at the time. I had made complaints, and even request payment plans etc to fix the mess that I was left with.. Just to be turned away.. I made a huge embarassing to myself review about my experience. Although before hand the many teeth removed, I had seen a couple dentist
( free consultations) who said removing them wasn't the best idea. Anyone know the nearest money tree?? Now I'm left needing a smile.. Needing some uplift, some less nightmares, one less horriable worry because what man wants to date a single mom let alone one with such horriable teeth?? None.. I'm embarassed of who I am, I'm so sad that my day's with pictures is non existent, My kids deserve photos growing up with there mother, but what's the point if I'm not smiling?!

I know the chances of getting or ever affording a smile will forever haunt the rest my life, and at a young age it really is even worse, There's a lot of life left to fight how people judge you on appearance, than your life( disability. Single parent etc, and than mental heath... What's there to even do?!

Last edited:
Solutions
Sorry about your terrible experience. There is something called "snap on smile" where they create veneers that you can wear over your teeth like a mouth guard. There are various options that are available from different companies that do the same thing. It's not free but far cheaper than having all the dental work to bring your teeth back to a state that will make you feel confident again. Worth looking into this option with your dentist as although it's not something you'd wear all the time it's definitely something you could use so you can smile when taking photos. I'm sure there's a cheap way to obtain this type of device.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
What are your realistic expectations and budget? If finances are a concern, are you able to go to a teaching facility or state/community funded clinic? Can you identify risk factors that contributed to your teeth deterioration such as sugary beverage consumption like soda, coffee, energy drinks?

Vote:
Solutions
If you could get your story out then maybe a dentist could come forward to help. I have heard of instances where the dentist got in touch with a denture laboratory and together were able to help such individuals as yourself. In other words it was free. I would also like to add that you can still get pictures taken without smiling, not everyone smiles all the time in pictures.

Vote:

Ask a Question