a couple of questions about periodontitis from worried patient

hi, I am having serious periodontitis, and possibly the advanced type because I have loose teeth, suffering both physically and mentally.

I don't want to bore you guys by going through all my thinking, but I have a lot of confusions and questions about periodontitis treatment and surgery

1. Does the success of periodontitis treatment depend very much (or very little) on individual dentists or periodontist? or does it usually depend on the severity of the patient? Since in my country (non-US), the treatment and surgery charge for periodontitis could vary for thousands of US dollars because of different clinics and doctors.

2. What are the main types of treatment and surgery for all levels of periodontitis? And what are the reasonable ranges of fee for periodontitis-related treatment and surgery? I don't even know the 'order' of fee (hundreds? one thousands? five thousands? ten thousands?? I don't know!! ) for periodontitis treatment / surgery

I am not looking for the best bargains when something bad is already happening, but I might not afford to spend thousands more for the same thing because of different doctors and clinic, unless they will give different results.

thank you so much for all advice and comments

drmins

Verified Dentist
Hi, periodontal care can range between a simple scaling and a complex flap surgery with bone grafts.So does the charges.
So at first,we need to conclude on your periodontal condition and chose on the level of treatment needed.

For a given procedure, prices can vary SLIGHTLY between the doctors in the same region and its much related to many operational factors.

However, ensure that you get the treatment at its earliest. Coz, periodontitis is a degenerative disease and prevention of further loss is of much importance in this treatment.

Keep smiling..
dr.mins

Vote:
Hi, periodontal care can range between a simple scaling and a complex flap surgery with bone grafts.So does the charges.
So at first,we need to conclude on your periodontal condition and chose on the level of treatment needed.

For a given procedure, prices can vary SLIGHTLY between the doctors in the same region and its much related to many operational factors.

However, ensure that you get the treatment at its earliest. Coz, periodontitis is a degenerative disease and prevention of further loss is of much importance in this treatment.

Keep smiling..
dr.mins

Hi Doctor, I am not in India or the US. I am in Hong Kong, I have consulted different clinics and their prices could vary up to US 2,000 for the same treatment. I guess there are only two kinds of treatment possible for all kinds of periodontitis (non-surgery and surgery one)

As I said, I am not looking for the best bargain and it is not possible to go to every clinics, but I am worried if I can't afford further treatment and care if the money is used incorrectly.

Do you think different doctors will vary very greatly for periodontitis treatment and surgery??

Thank you again.

Vote:

drmins

Verified Dentist
1. At a given locality, there will not be a huge change in the rates as you said.
2. Periodontal treatments can be a simple scaling, a root planing, a closed curettage,a flap surgery, a flap surgery with bone grafting etc.So, to comment about the type of treatment needed for your periodontal condition,we need to assess it first.If you have an intra-oral pic or and OPG x-ray image,kindly post the same. Once we assess it and conclude on the approximate treatment that may be needed,i can guide you regarding its rates.

keep smiling..
dr.mins

Vote:
1. At a given locality, there will not be a huge change in the rates as you said.
2. Periodontal treatments can be a simple scaling, a root planing, a closed curettage,a flap surgery, a flap surgery with bone grafting etc.So, to comment about the type of treatment needed for your periodontal condition,we need to assess it first.If you have an intra-oral pic or and OPG x-ray image,kindly post the same. Once we assess it and conclude on the approximate treatment that may be needed,i can guide you regarding its rates.

keep smiling..
dr.mins

Hello,

The deep cleaning fee quoted by my periodontist is equivalent to USD 5300 something totally, that include 4 times deep cleaning.

(Do they mean deep cleaning for full mouth repeatedly for four times or full mouth repeatedly for 1 time, but to divided the process into 4 times? (each time finishing one quadrant of the mouth?) Which one sounds more likely????

Thank you again

Vote:

Ask a Question