A bridge next to an existing bridge

My tooth next to my 4 tooth front bridge needs to come out. My dentist said we can put a bridge. How are we going to connect the new bridge to the one in the front?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day
Not sure exactly what he means. You can't add to an existing bridge. An entire new bridge will be made to include this tooth, but then the length or span of the bridge might be an issue. I would ask him for more detail on the procedure before anything is done,if you are unsure. This is part of the informed consent process.

Vote:
My bridge covers 6,7,8,9,10,11. 8&9 are the missing teeth. Been told for 17 years from many dentists it's a beautiful bridge.
Number 12 is the tooth coming out. He wants to pull and put 2 pontics, 1 crown on 11, 12, 13.
Can he separate number 12 from existing crown to do this?

Vote:
Good day
Not sure exactly what he means. You can't add to an existing bridge. An entire new bridge will be made to include this tooth, but then the length or span of the bridge might be an issue. I would ask him for more detail on the procedure before anything is done,if you are unsure. This is part of the informed consent process.
My bridge covers 6,7,8,9,10,11. 8&9 are the missing teeth. Been told for 17 years from many dentists it's a beautiful bridge.
Number 12 is the tooth coming out. He wants to pull and put 2 pontics, 1 crown on 11, 12, 13.

Vote:
I'm sorry I meant separate number 11 from existing bridge

Vote:

Ask a Question