8 extractions and immediate dentures 9 days in

Hi could anyone give me any advice please on the 30/08/22 i had 8 extractions all top teeth removed and an immediate denture applied was told to keep denture in for 24 hours before removing at night just for bed i managed 28 hours then removed it for my first nights sleep but not been able to put my dentures back in at all so basically 8 days after and my denture has not been back in, i keep trying every couple of days but the swelling will not allow the denture any were near I've pushed as hard as i can but I'm scared I'm going to make the wounds bleed if i go 2 far and the pain is also horrendous .I didn't have any stitches or anything like that either any help would be greatly received thanks in advance guys

Hi could anyone give me any advice please on the 30/08/22 i had 8 extractions all top teeth removed and an immediate denture applied was told to keep denture in for 24 hours before removing at night just for bed i managed 28 hours then removed it for my first nights sleep but not been able to put my dentures back in at all so basically 8 days after and my denture has not been back in, i keep trying every couple of days but the swelling will not allow the denture any were near I've pushed as hard as i can but I'm scared I'm going to make the wounds bleed if i go 2 far and the pain is also horrendous .I didn't have any stitches or anything like that either any help would be greatly received thanks in advance guys
Any idea on how to delete my post above please as of digging into my issue above a lot more today than ever have i only just learned that i was supposed keep the dentures in for the first 7 days removing too rinse my mouth out and put them straight back in im putting it down to fear anxiety and being pretty delusional after what i went through and also the sheer horror of the size of my dentures which i was shown all of 2 seconds before being ushered out the door i slept for 5 days after the extractions in a depressive state. But I've just numbed the holes up in my gums with a light layer of bonjela got my horse teeth out and went for it and they are in, I'm sore but there in. Which brings me to my next question if i took some picture of these dentures in is there any dentists on here who would give me there opinion on the size of these things please I got these done on the NHS and i am thankful for that i did say to the dentist as soon as they were put in before my 2 second glance look in the mirror that these teeth feel like there that long there halfway down my chin he didnt lookat me but assured me thats due to swelling, how the length of the actual teeth themselves grows due to swelling is beyond me lol but he obviously thought i meant bulky i didn't though, the share length of these things just don't sit right literally. After all that complaining can i just say my dentist was an absolute star at what he did hes a newly qualified guy totally rushed of his feet with the whole NHS thing going on literally totally numbing me up sending me out to the waiting room to give it 10 to 15mins to start fully working as i went out he had a patient who was waiting she zoomed in he was fantastic.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I do not like immediate dentures since they don't fit as accurately as if they are made after the mouth heals. Some times immediate dentures are made with the plan of making new ones when the mouth heals. Try to go back to the dentist for re-eval and denture adjustments. You may need to reline them soon after your mouth heals.

Vote:
Thank you for your reply I'm getting my permanent dentures in 3 to 6 months if all goes well. I just hope and pray they don't look like these things it looks like I've bought fake teeth of amazon I've resorted in doing my second filing job myself on the actual teeth that's the bulk and the length I've took of the 2 front teeth is unreal and they still look huge not touching them no more but couldn't walk around with 2 front teeth touching my chin.And could i ask you a question when i went for my impressions i had 1 front tooth all my top teeth were just roots so no teeth as such for an impression went and got the bite done 2 weeks later and not 1s was any mesurements made as to how big the teeth maybe no measurements at all he poped them in a bag and posted them off for dentist down the road to make im just wondering dont they need measurements to place the teeth i seem to have been given the longest and the widest teeth they had available.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
When teeth gets extracted, there will be major changes with the bone and gums. Unfortunately immed dentures will not fit when those changes occur. Rest assured you will get new dentures soon.

Vote:

Ask a Question