8 day post extraction!

Hello! I am going to first thank anyone who is able to assist me in ANY way!
I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed Aug 24, 2016. I originally could not have the surgery until the infection that had caused me to go to the dentist in the first place was killed. My dentist gave me Penicillin to take for 7 days and then I came in for the extraction on the 24th. Healing seemed fine, but about 4 days after the surgery I had excruciating pain that did not let me sleep and constantly made me cry because I'm a 22 year old wimp :/. Anywho, I went to the dentist and he put Eugenol on the bottom left extraction site, but he did NOT specifically say I had dry socket, although it seemed like it. He also gave me a syringe to use for cleaning the site of food debris. Using the syringe is INCREDIBLY painful with the salt water solution I am told to use, but it does get the food out. The pain is only ever on the bottom left side. My upper 2 and bottom right molars have no pain and I can eat on the right side of my mouth fine. It is only the left, where the infection was. It has been 8 days, and I still am popping Ibuprofen DAILY for the pain. My tongue is no longer pasty and yellow as it was days before, however the extraction site on the left still tastes disgusting and makes my breath smell. It also hurts like hell when I wake up, lay down at night, or clean it, as I mentioned before. I have officially stopped eating because of the pain on the left side as well as having to clean it after eating. What am I doing wrong? And WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY MOUTH? How long until the pain stops? PLEASE HELP ME IM SUCH A DISGRACE WITHOUT FOOD!

Ask a Question