40f, 31 extractions, 3 ankylosed teeth removed, jaw broke

40 f, had 31 extractions this past Wednesday. On my front lower jaw my oral surgeon said that 3 of my front teeth were fused to my jaw bone. This area is still extremely painful. I did have a check up and all he said was I might have to have another procedure in a few weeks but didn't say much else to me and acted as if he was in a hurry. I was also in a lot of pain and was not thinking clearly.

Only thing he told me when I woke up from surgery is that I have a very thick jaw bone and that 3 teeth were fused at the jaw bone and now jt looks as if part of my jaw bone is missing. He said he never seen anything like it.

I really don't want to have to go through another surgery plus I don't have the money right now either.

Is thus a common occurrence? Am I always going to have pain from this now? Any information you think would be helpful to me? Did this surgeon mess up and should I go to another one or was this just a weird occurrence?

Sorry if I'm rambling or not making sense. Been in severe pain and not slept much.

If you need any more info please ask. I also have a picture of my xray from before the surgery.

Attachments

• 20220523_192331.jpg
    20220523_192331.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 15

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day
As I understand it, a part of your lower jaw fractured?
This can be a risk, especially when associated with a large number of extractions, and it also depends on the difficulty of the extractions.
As adjacent teeth are removed, the alveolar bone can weaken and then fracture.
What is the plan for afterwards?
The second surgery might be necessary, because it might influence the restorability of the now edentulous jaw.
I would discuss this with your oral surgeon, so that you can understand what the situation is now currently, and what the way is forward.

Vote:

Ask a Question