3 Bumps above implant

No judgment please but back in September of 21 I had my implant crown put on after waiting the 4-5 months for my bone graph to heal and everything.

Everything was going good and looking good. Until I’d say when I noticed this back in May/June, it appears as if my gums have changed and almost not as dense around my implant. There are 3 kind of hard white painless bumps above the implant and the tooth next to it has some white exposure as well which looks like exposed tooth maybe? I’m not exactly sure. I do smoke weed but no nicotine and it kind of showed up out of nowhere.

Up until this point everything was fine and im kind of concerned about what this could be. I’m not able to see my dentist until the end of September. Can anyone tell me what this sounds like?

Attachments

• 1AE97627-E9B9-4087-A8AA-A03595EC17F1.jpeg
    1AE97627-E9B9-4087-A8AA-A03595EC17F1.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 10

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You mentioned you had no problems while the bone is healing around implant. You noticed those bumps after the crown is placed. I don't think they are from the crown. You may get a follow up from the surgeon who placed the implant. It could be a bone defect.

Vote:
You mentioned you had no problems while the bone is healing around implant. You noticed those bumps after the crown is placed. I don't think they are from the crown. You may get a follow up from the surgeon who placed the implant. It could be a bone defect.
Yeah sorry the picture is rough, they just showed up and won’t go away. It’s almost like my gum around the implant is receding or disappearing. It doesn’t feel dense like the rest of my gums. I am going to get with my surgeon soon hopefully!

Vote:

Ask a Question