20 teeth colored fillings?

I went to the dentist and got an x-ray done by him(he didn't talk to me much about what I wanted to be done)

I have a cavity in my front tooth and was wanting to get them fixed.

He scrapped my teeth 1 by 1 and

I had a small piece of an old amalgam filling that came out(super small 1/20 of the filling) and all he said was
"We need to get that back tooth fixed first, if I have to put a crown, then you'll need to bring $1250 if not, it will only cost $250"

He try to walk away and I had to say wait and showed him my front teeth (at the very top of the tooth is brown) and asked him would he be able to fix the top part(I'm ignorant on how dental stuff works, obviously since I'm having to get them fixed)
and he said "sure that's no problem)

As I leave the receptionist hands me my paper and says "8,000" worth of work (2 crowns replaced / wisdom teeth cut out / and I assume "white colored fillings" for all my teeth to be filled.

My front tooth is only the really bad one(didn't brush the middle good enough, always rushing when brushing my teeth) and most look "ok"(bottom teeth look good) it's just the top 6 that show tooth decay.

I'm curious, I've been saving money up and was wondering that since he wanted all my teeth to get fillings, was it necessary ?

If I only got my teeth filled few at a time, then that means he would whiten my teeth and then match my fillings with that?

Wouldn't it be better to save up enough money to get a entire row of teeth filled, so I can skip whitening and have him make all my fillings a nice pearly white color?(I saw before and after pictures of people just getting their teeth filled and I didn't want my teeth to look stained)

Can tooth colored fillings make the entire tooth white?(no brown spot at the very top of the tooth)

If not, then I should just whiten my teeth and get matching colored fillings for that and just be happy?

I don't want to spend $10 grand on getting all this work done, just for my teeth to look a little better...I'm wanting them to look the same as they are now(not crooked teeth) but just be a nice clean white smile.

I got the x-ray a year to year and 1/2 ago, and hoping that I won't have to pay for another one.

Ask a Question