15 year old kid scared!!!!!

Max

Hi my names max I'm 15 and have a terrible fear of dentists even more so hands in my mouth for example one time my father playfully put his finger in y mouth and I bit it and nearly broke it but a way I'm reeeeeeally scared at the minute because as I was brushing my teeth a few days ago I noticed; a black line on my upper k-9 a very small hole which you can only see if you go close to the bottom front tooth and a very small black line on the same tooth now firstly every time I look in the mirror I immediately think those two teethe are gone and it makes me want to vomit I'm extremely scared of the thought of loosing teeth so I have a couple of questions......1. Will I only need a filling? Also 2.if yes how many will I need? 3.do I need a root canal? 4.ive heard fake teeth can be put in place is this true? And ive booked a dentist appointment but its due on the 19th of August..... As much as I hate the dentist I want to see a dentist sooner (my dentist is on holiday) really appreciate any help you can give me

This answer is a little late and I hope by now you've seen your dentist. It sounds like simple cavities that can be quickly fixed with fillings. X-rays will be able to determine the number of fillings necessary. Your teeth aren't likely to fall out at the age of 15 unless it's due to an injury. The dentist is never as bad as you build it up to be in your mind. A root canal doesn't seem likely either. Dental implants are a viable option when a tooth is lost as they can last a lifetime and actually fuse with the jaw bone. They are identical to your original teeth. Unless you actually lost a tooth you wouldn't be a candidate for this. I always recommend that patients, particularly those who do not like fingers in their mouth and have dental anxiety, bring an iPod and listen to music to calm themselves down and distract from the procedure. Good luck.

Vote:

Ask a Question