X-ray of tooth provided - please help!!!

Hi all, I have a question regarding my tooth condition, whether it should or should not be extracted. In particular, I will post the picture of my tooth below, and you could tell me what your thoughts are. It is a furcation problem. I was wondering should I have any hope that it will not require to be extracted? Please help!. Some tell me that I should extract the tooth, while others say that I may be able to save the tooth. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
forum.jpg

Typical root canal tool that was not crowned. I see several problems:
- root fracture at furcation
- decay on root surface (very deep)
- re-infection of rootcanal system due to poor seal, and short fill
This tooth is non restorable. Extract
Dr. M

Vote:
Hi Dr. M, thank you very much for your response. One of the recommendations I was given was to extract one of the roots and try to restore the tooth on the other one. What do you think: is that possible or might have more severe consequences? Right now I feel no pain.

Vote:
I would not recommend that, you going to spend lots of money on something that will fail. Extract and place implant. Much better long term result.

Vote:
Hi Dr. M, I just extracted the tooth according to your advice. But could I ask you one more question? I will attach the X-ray of my another tooth below, and you could tell me what you think. That is, is it possible to save it? My doctor said that it will need to get the crown on top of it. But I can't get to the doctor for 4 months, but she said that it's is okay. If I see the dentist in 4 months, I should be fine. What do you think? I'm asking about the middle tooth. Thanks a lot. I very much appreciate your help.
new.jpg

Vote:

drmins

Verified Dentist
Dear kurtrichards,
Its good that you extracted the other tooth as Dr.M advised. The option of saving one root and extracting the other was not a great idea considering the treatment costs and poor prognosis expected.

Implants are not contra-indicated at this age,as you worry.

And lastly,your x-ray pic is not clear.I would be good if you post a better pic,especially the root portion.If there are no abnormalties in that,you can do a crown for it.

Thank you
Dr.mins

Vote:

Ask a Question