Wisdom Teeth?

Hello everybody! My name is Toby Shirk, and I am 15 years old, and I got my wisdom teeth removed today. My first question is my mouth has been aching all day, and the meds they prescribed as well the Advil aren't doing anything. Is this normal? Secondly, the people who did my extraction told me no solid foods for today, but tomorrow morning, i'll be good to go on everything. However, according to a few websites, I am supposed to wait 48 to 96 hours before fully being able to eat solid food. Why is this? And lastly, after making some oatmeal (One of the only enjoyable foods I can think of that my dentist said was fine and isn't bad for me like pudding and icecream) I noticed that the oats seemed like something I shouldn't be allowed to eat. Couldn't they get stuck in the little holes? So I poked around online, and sure enough, the first website I came across said I should wait until the 3rd day of healing, as they make get lodged in the wisdom teeth sockets. Any help to these questions is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ask a Question