Wisdom Teeth removal holes recovery

Hi! I had my two bottom wisdom teeth (left and right) removed last Monday, March 16th. Lately, the right side has been hurting A LOT! I noticed that the hole is larger than the left side and that the hole encompasses my right 2nd molar--meaning, my right second molar does not have gum completely surrounding the tooth, and the back of the tooth is open into the wisdom tooth hole. I included a photo to show this issue. Should the gum be surrounding my tooth or is that normal for the tooth to be open into the wisdom tooth extraction hole? If it matters--my wisdom tooth was impacted on both sides and on the right side was erupting through the gum but was sideways against this 2nd molar.
Please, just take a look at this photo and let me know if you think it is healing correctly.
Thank you so much!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8312.JPG
    IMG_8312.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 209,666

drmins

Verified Dentist
The flaps could have been approximated little more closer.Did the suture come out too early? But nothing to worry.

Its recommended to pay better oral hygiene care and strictly avoid any food lodging into the extraction socket.It can lead to dry socket. The best measure is to have saline gargle many a times a day.

(I always recommend not to undergo surgical removal of teeth on both sides on the same day as it can interfere with the diet intake and oral hygiene care.)

Vote:
The flaps could have been approximated little more closer.Did the suture come out too early? But nothing to worry.

Its recommended to pay better oral hygiene care and strictly avoid any food lodging into the extraction socket.It can lead to dry socket. The best measure is to have saline gargle many a times a day.

(I always recommend not to undergo surgical removal of teeth on both sides on the same day as it can interfere with the diet intake and oral hygiene care.)

On Saturday the surgeon took out two stitches as it was causing muscle pain, so that may have caused it to open up more? It is still wide today and I am in a lot of pain.

Vote:

drmins

Verified Dentist
From the pic,its very much possible to be a dry socket.

Its normal to have a pain during post-operative days,which can lessen as days advance. Did you start a throbbing pain at around 3-4 days after extraction?
Does the pain radiate to other parts like the forehead or ear on the same side?
Is there any foul smell or unpleasant taste Though your oral hygiene is good as seen in the pic,there can be food lodgement in the socket.

If these questions are positive,seek treatment with your surgeon immediately. Mean while,take saline gargel many times a day.

Vote:
Hi! I had my two bottom wisdom teeth (left and right) removed last Monday, March 16th. Lately, the right side has been hurting A LOT! I noticed that the hole is larger than the left side and that the hole encompasses my right 2nd molar--meaning, my right second molar does not have gum completely surrounding the tooth, and the back of the tooth is open into the wisdom tooth hole. I included a photo to show this issue. Should the gum be surrounding my tooth or is that normal for the tooth to be open into the wisdom tooth extraction hole? If it matters--my wisdom tooth was impacted on both sides and on the right side was erupting through the gum but was sideways against this 2nd molar.
Please, just take a look at this photo and let me know if you think it is healing correctly.
Thank you so much!!!

hi i have same problem here..

so kindly explain how many days are required to complete feel this gape?

Vote:

Ask a Question