Unexplainable pain!

Hi, I'm going to try to keep this short. I had a baby tooth removed and braces put on at roughly the same time. Shortly after my premolar next to the extraction site abcessed. I received a root canal and my dentist says he sees no more sign of infection but I'm still in pain. The pain can be described as sharp and intermittent, located in the jaw around the root and shooting into my ear. Please tell me what's going on.

Attachments

• 20160229_181204.jpg
    20160229_181204.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 346
As a dentist, I recommend only after the properly diagnosis of the patient. Try not to get upset with your dentist. The reason you may be still experiencing pain is due to "dry socket". This is very painful and does last for a bit of time. Next time you see your doctors ask about any antibiotics, there may be more involved in your case. If you are now experiencing pain on the other side, seeing and oral Surgeon may be a good idea. You should apply an ice pack on the skin over the extraction site 20 minutes on and then 20 minutes off for the first 6-8 hours. Eating soft foods. Once you feel like you can chew those without any pain, then it’s probably alright to move on to harder foods. If you feel pain, that’s a sign that you need to back off and let your tissue heal some more. Your dentist/oral surgeon can give you more information about any special precautions you need to take depending on how your surgery went. I hope that helps. Good luck.

Vote:

Ask a Question