Top Denture Help..

I'm 30 and male and my top teeth rotted and went bad due to a severe over bite and grinding my teeth when chewing and gastric Ulcer problems in my late teens. and I visited my Dentist and he told me the best way to go is a top Denture to make my bite even and I hated the idea because i'm 30 and i'm not 80 and I can't afford Implants so I chose to get a top Denture, so the Dentist pulled the rest of my top teeth and the roots and nerves and now I am top toothless still trying to heal, can't chew any food and i'm really miserable I can't even look in the mirror without getting scared.. so the Denture was made and I tried putting it in and it really hurts my gums and it doesn't go flush on my gums and it doesn't stay in, it wants to fall down, everyone told me that I would get a suction where it would stay in and they all lied to me, also the Denture looks so fake with big horse teeth, bigger than my whole mouth. I can't even talk with it in. I don't know what to do? I am seriously considering killing myself over this because a life with old man Denture mouth without enjoying food again and every time I talk they fly out my mouth.. I would rather die.. I don't know what to do, someone please help me.

Hello Corey.
First of all cool down.
Almost nobody in the world had dentures and was thrilled in the beginning.
Upper denture SHOULD have suction(in most cases)
The only thing that makes me think you didn't get the best denture is that you say you don't like the teeth. When we make dentures we always have a try in with teeth in place (on wax) so the patient and I have a preview of the final result and make changes if needed.
I think you should discuss your observation with your treating dentist.
maybe your non suction is due to the over extended wings of the denture.

Vote:

Ask a Question