Tooth Removal Pain!

HI,

I had a failed Root canal tooth removed 9 days ago and am finding it still giving some pain and still very tender.

I went back to the dentist 4 days after the surgery and he packed some clove extract soaked gauze in it which lasted a couple of days... but now it has fallen out it is back to being a little painful. I was under the impression that i would be completely pain free after 7 days?

The dentist said it all looked perfect and no signs of infection or dry socket so i guess my question is:

Assuming the tenderness is from a dry socket, will it just naturally heal over time? am i looking at many more days / weeks/months?

drmins

Verified Dentist
Mild pain is okay if the extraction was a little traumatic. Healing depends on a lot of factors,but usually occurs in first two weeks,depending on the level of trauma. As your dentist has given you an opinion that there are no signs of infection or dry socket, stay calm. Maintain good oral hygiene, saline gargle (if there is no restriction for you about salt) and have good vitamins and anti-oxidant rich diet. You will be alright soon.

Vote:

Ask a Question