Tooth pain, need help

Hi there. I went to the dentist the other day for very intense pain on the right side of my mouth. It was hard to tell where exactly the pain was coming from. The dentist did the tap and bite test on my teeth and said nothing seemed suspicious but I did have a lot of calculus build up. He cleaned the calculus out of my gums as well as off of my teeth and then prescribed me some mouthwash to use to kill bacteria. 2 days went by and the pain seemed to be going away. Last night I noticed discomfort when I tried eating, again it was the right side of my mouth, on my first molar on the bottom. Today that same molar has been getting more painful as the day goes on. It is a very dull pain but becomes a sharp pain when i touch the tooth. I used the mouthwash after brushing tonight and the tooth was extremely sensitive to it and caused quite a bit of pain. Could this be a side effect of the cleaning? Or should I go back to the dentist? Please help

Ask a Question