tongue concern

I have a lump in my mouth near the back of my teeth. My gp said its not cancerous and that I likely bit my cheek. I do have a vague recollection of doing that. My problem at the moment is my tongue. My gp inspected it, commented how I had a white pattern on the front of my tongue which is new. I have geographical tongue or did...It changes. ..plus I have gum disease and crohns disease. My crohns has affected my lips in the past not the inside of my mouth. He said I should gargle 4 times a day with cordosyl because of my bad oral hygiene. It might help my lump and tongue and gums. I left feeling more reassured but 10 minutes later it dawned on me I forgot to tell him about a lump I found on the base of my tongue. It's not really a lump it's like the size of a crumb, very hard to see and it's the colour of the rest of my tongue and it's not sore or painful. Imagine if you had a little chip in your tongue. It's more like that than a 'lump'. It's funny because I saw two pharmacists, one said it was a spot and nothing to worry about. The other said it was a nodule that isn't serious ....at the moment
I also have a white patch near it. Not sure if that's leukoplakia. Not sure what to do now. I'm going to see if the mouth wash helps and then see a gp on Monday. In regards to a dentist how long will it take to see one if I make an appointment. As I'm worried I want it to be soon as possible.

Ask a Question