Think teeth are shifting back after braces?

Hey everybody!

I live in the UK and basically i had braces on the nhs when i was younger, about 15, 16 for 2 years.
After this, i wore my retainer for about a year, and then lost the top one (or it broke i cant remember)
i then continued to wear the bottom one (where most of the crookedness was anyway)
my top teeth weren't that bad anyway so i wasn't that bothered. I then lost my bottom one, and was not in the financial position to get a new one.

I'm now 21 and its been at least 3 years since i wore my retainer, and recently ive been getting aching in my bottom teeth and i've noticed they have started to turn back. What can i do about this?! it causing me significant pain.

Hey everybody!

I live in the UK and basically i had braces on the nhs when i was younger, about 15, 16 for 2 years.
After this, i wore my retainer for about a year, and then lost the top one (or it broke i cant remember)
i then continued to wear the bottom one (where most of the crookedness was anyway)
my top teeth weren't that bad anyway so i wasn't that bothered. I then lost my bottom one, and was not in the financial position to get a new one.

I'm now 21 and its been at least 3 years since i wore my retainer, and recently ive been getting aching in my bottom teeth and i've noticed they have started to turn back. What can i do about this?! it causing me significant pain.

I'm no dentist but it sounds like you need to get another retainer made, I wish there was simpler ways to fix these things since the dentist is so freaking expensive! Maybe they can go off your old impressions you did when you got your braces and save you some money?

Vote:

Ask a Question