Temporary Crown

9 months ago I went through a root canal procedure in Thailand that proved to be easier said than done.
Because the infection had been going on for years dentine had been formed to the extend that 2 of the 4 molar canals could not be treated.
One of the two others was easy and the second quite difficult.
It took 5 visits to get even that far.
The dentist in Thailand told me after a couple of visits that I had two options.
1. Extraction and implant
2. A crown with the risk that the money would be lost if the infection had not been fully treated
I suggested a third option that the dentist agreed to as I was due to go home in days and return in six months time and that was to get a temporary crown (normally good for a few weeks), but to use the same adhesive as used for permanent crowns.
He advised me that this was unconventional and would entail a small extra cost to have it removed.
He said that doing it could be good for a year or more.

Well here I am, I did not make it back in 6 months and the temporary crown fell out.
I will be back to see the dentist within months.
My question is will using a compound like superglue do damage to the remaining tooth or its capping?
I am fully aware that the glue itself is toxic till it cures, but as it goes with many other compounds that we inhale or ingest it should be no worse that a single sniff or, say, gasoline vapors.
That said the question is exclusively related to maintaining the integrity of the remaining tooth

Last edited:
I don't know about super glue. I'd worry it'd be too permanent, and toxic. Not sure...
Many pharmacies sell temporary dental putty. I'm sure you could find inexpensive permanent putty powder online somewhere and make a mix from that. Safer than superglue IMOH.
Nice dentist.

Vote:

Ask a Question