Suddenly a hole in my tooth

My teeth were fine this morning. I ate cereal that had nuts in it. I thought the skin of one of the nuts or something got stuck in my teeth because I could feel something sharp there with my tongue. When I couldn't get it out, I looked with a flashlight and it appears to be a HOLE. Can that happen?!?!?! It wasn't there before- I know because it's really sharp to touch. It's kind of hard to tell because it's at the back of the tooth. Have you ever heard of that before? I couldn't get my camera to focus on it.

I was just at the dentist in December and they said there was a cavity forming but if I put toothpaste on it it might heal and it didn't need any attention. Great. I've never had a cavity before. Well now I'm living in a foreign country on exchange until June and I don't want to get my first filling in a foreign country. I'm feeling extremely depressed. Is there anything I can do without a dentist until June?

Please help

Ask a Question