Slight pain while biting down on some foods

I have slight pain while biting down on some foods like biscuits but no pain with other foods and in general no pain at all, i have slight sensitivity to cold foods but no sensitivity to hot foods. no pain in the root of the tooth and the said pain occurs over a filling that I had about a month ago. Any idea on what the cause is?

It is probably a fracture. I had slight pain in a pre-molar when biting down occasionally. A chunk of it eventually broke off while I was eating OATMEAL?!?

Dentist was able to do a crown and did not have to do a root canal. No problem with root, but the tooth was cracked and probably had been for a while.

Go before it gets worse and you lose the tooth altogether. I ended up in the hospital for four days when a tooth on the other side of my mouth became sensitive to pressure. Tooth was cracked, bacteria got in and bingo, infection. They had to put me on intravenous antibiotics to get it under control. Extraction and two-part bridge to follow. :( Good Luck!

Vote:

Ask a Question