Sinus Communication - Flap Came Loose

I had an upper molar extracted 10 days ago and had a sinus communication. The oral surgeon repaired the sinus communication, but now I can feel some suction along one side of my gums. It's almost like the flap that was covering the extraction has come loose on one side. I don't think there is an opening to the sinus because I haven't felt air going in or out, and I haven't had any fluid go up my nose.
Is it possible that the sinus communication is closed, but now there is a space between the flap and the gums?

Non-dentist here. I'd say yes. For me the surgeon had to do that surgery 3 times. Each time it wore out and the hole opened again. Beyond 3 times he said he'd have to take tissue from elsewhere in the mouth rather than just sliding it down.

Your bone should heal closed given there isn't infection up in there. Mine wouldn't close forever because an adjacent molar (which had had a root canal) was still infected on at least one root, and prevented the sinus perforation from healing. After pulling the molar, the perforation healed. Hope that helps somebody.

Vote:

Ask a Question