Should I get my tooth extracted or no?

Ray

Hi, I am 22 years old and I have a cavity in my third molar tooth but there's no pain. So I visited the dentist and received shocking news. He said that the cavity has grown too much and the tooth will have to be extracted. No root canal and no filling can be done to restore it, he said.

I thought that was too extreme since I have no pain in my tooth.I don't want a gap in my tooth at such a young age.

I have been reading about restoring the decayed tooth naturally by following a strict diet of cheese, butter, meat, fish,etc and no sugar. And also doing oil pulling early in the morning to remove the dirt in the cavity.

Will this help me or Do I have no other choice but to extract the tooth? If so then, how do I fill the gap later? And also, what if I wait for the tooth to eventually fall off so that I don't have to undergo the painful process of tooth extraction?

Please any help would be appreciated.

Did you see the xray? Try getting a second opinion, xray in hand with a different dentist.
It may be a baby tooth with an adult under it and he doesn't think the baby is worth salvaging.
Minimal sugar helps prevent decay, but doubt it'll reverse decay (saliva prevents/reverses decay some through remineralisation).
I'm a believer in fermented sourkraut & fermented pickles (sitting in mouth 10mins 2x daily), the argument being the active flora kills the flora in the cavity. Got rid of my pain for cavities. Also manually pick off hard plaque with your fingernails. Toothbrush won't get it. Tooth surface should be smooth.

Vote:

Ray

Did you see the xray? Try getting a second opinion, xray in hand with a different dentist.
It may be a baby tooth with an adult under it and he doesn't think the baby is worth salvaging.
Minimal sugar helps prevent decay, but doubt it'll reverse decay (saliva prevents/reverses decay some through remineralisation).
I'm a believer in fermented sourkraut & fermented pickles (sitting in mouth 10mins 2x daily), the argument being the active flora kills the flora in the cavity. Got rid of my pain for cavities. Also manually pick off hard plaque with your fingernails. Toothbrush won't get it. Tooth surface should be smooth.
It's definitely a cavity coz I can feel a hole in my tooth with my tongue.
I did not get an X ray. The dentist didn't tell me to get one. And also I just want it to be over quick and avoid delaying it any further. Is that OK?

Vote:

Ask a Question